07th April 2017
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 07/04/2017
Senior Manager, IT Transformation, Performance Improvement, Belfast –
At this Global Consultancy, we are expanding our Advisory practice and specifically building our Performance Improvement (PI) team.
Due to this expansion we are seeking to recruit high achieving IT Service & Vendor Management individuals to be part of our growing business.
As an IT Transformation Senior Manager in IT Advisory, you’ll be responsible for building valuable relationships with our client’s IT vendors and internal teams and develop a portfolio of cost-effective, scalable and repeatable service offerings by focusing on delivery opportunities that leverage your Outsourcing, Managed Service, ITO, Vendor Management and Contract Management expertise.
Client Delivery: You’ll be responsible for defining with IT Vendors a clear, concise, high-quality service catalog and act for the client to ensure service quality on one or more engagements at a time, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to resolve particular client/vendor issues.
Business Development: You’ll be responsible for leading proposals and client presentations for complex IT Service & Vendor Management projects or elements of highly complex projects that require significant involvement from vendors, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to leverage their vendor framework, improve their ITO offering and adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
Technical Skills requirements
You’ll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
* A proven track record of delivering business value from IT as a direct managed Service/Outsourcing provider or as an experienced adviser in this area;
* Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ strategic IT Service & Vendor management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches;
* Having a track record of delivery within a number of large scale IT transformation projects, taking ownership of IT Service & Vendor while taking responsibility for integrating the service across internal client teams also;
* Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions;
* Knowledge of a range of ITSM management approaches to cover quality management, information security management and software engineering; standards and adopted concepts such as ITIL, CMMI, Cobit, ISO 9000 or ISO/IEC 27000;
* Have a significant breadth of technology and vendor knowledge across the pillars of security, data, business and technical architecture;
* Have an IT Service & Vendor Management track record with a blue chip consulting or systems integration firm or as an IT Senior Manager within a leading Enterprise/Organisation;
* Be comfortable working with board level members (typically CIO and COO);
* Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Utilities, Banking, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Public Sector, Health, Transport. Ideally to have experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Contract Management, Service Management, Cloud, and Integration.
* Participate in and, as required, lead ITA engagements;
* Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to vendors and clients;
* Assist vendors and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships;
* Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients;
* Highly flexible, including a willingness to work away from home base. Build strong internal relationships with in Advisory and across other services.
* Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff;
* Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff;
* Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITA professionals;
* Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs