Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 23/08/2018
Are you an experienced recruitment professional with a strong background within a professional / corporate services environment?
Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills?
Would you like to work for a leading company on a fixed term basis?
We have a very exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, global business for a period of 6 months. If interested call Alex, in confidence, on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be a very important position to help drive the business forward with their planned increased headcount. You will need to provide support to hiring managers throughout the business to deliver the demands of their units.
- Co-ordinating the recruitment process through the entire life-cycle for all permanent and fixed term employees.
- Working with the Senior HR Adviser to analyse the genuine business need to recruit.
- Working with the Senior HR Adviser to ensure relevant authorisation has been obtained for each vacancy, assisting with the creating of such documents when required.
- Working with the senior management team and HR team to produce comprehensive and relevant job descriptions for each role, in line with the standard template.
- Reviewing and responding to speculative CVs and applications as appropriate.
- Screening CVs, interviewing and assessing candidates and ensuring the process is in line with best practice.
- Organising and running assessment centres.
- Processing and reconciling invoices and reimbursing interview expenses.
- Where applicable, liaising directly with candidates, before and after an offer has been made to give a positive first impression of the firm.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal stakeholders, including the Belfast senior management team and Team Leaders.
Managing recruitment channels
- Managing multiple recruitment channels to market roles with the appropriate forums. Fostering relationships with key recruitment suppliers, market mapping providers, LinkedIn, referral programme and job boards, including contractual provisions and negotiation of the same.
- Requesting and keeping a log of agencies with agreed terms; tracking expired terms and assisting on projects to periodically review and update terms.
- Liaising directly with recruitment agencies to arrange technical tests, interviews and, where appropriate, providing considered feedback regarding candidates at all stages of the process.
- Ensuring the website vacancy list is kept up to date with current vacancies added and filled positions removed.
- Ensuring job adverts are placed on the relevant advertising websites as appropriate.
- Supporting ad hoc recruitment campaigns
- Documenting processes and driving efficiencies and suggesting improvements where possible.
- Updating and implementing new recruitment policies and procedures as appropriate and communicating to the wider business.
- Partnering with the in-house Diversity and Inclusion team regarding sourcing and selection methods.
- Ensuring selection processes are robust and properly executed.
- Improving both hiring manager and candidate experience of the recruitment lifecycle.
- Supporting project work related to resourcing, e.g. a strategic review of current recruitment methods/spend, working with the Senior HR Adviser and members of the Belfast senior management team.
- Minimum three ‘A’-levels or similar level;
- Degree educated or similar level;
- We would expect the successful candidate to have approximately two to three years’ experience within an HR recruitment role but will consider those with more or less experience, providing they meet the required competencies and can demonstrate successfully undertaking or contributing to the above outlined responsibilities;
- Sound knowledge of recruitment processes;
- Ideally would have professional services experience but if not then some service related industry expertise e.g. banking;
- HR generalist experience desirable but not essential;
- Good listening, influencing and negotiating skills;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done;
- Ability to understand and appreciate the pressures that clients experience and how these influence the advice the team provides;
- Flexibility – willing to work long hours when necessary
- Ability to manage heavy workload and remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- PC literate (Microsoft Office suite).
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.