Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 25/06/2018
Experienced SQL Server DBA’s are needed to join an Investment Bank, with a small operation based in Belfast but a global presence with offices situated around the world.
Assisting over 230 MS SQL Servers on premise & AWS Cloud, you will get to work closely with developers, support, QA and be involved in the full SDLC. A brief intro to your daily job will include:
- Responsible for developing scripts to automate upgrade, deployment, management, and monitoring of any database technology in all environments.
- Proactively look for ways to create efficiencies within operations as it pertains to the tools and technology used to support their customer base
- Create/maintain documentation for operational procedures
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
Due to the nature of this business, it is essential that serves are fully operational and if any faults occur, support is provided as soon as possible. Therefore it is expected for you to be flexible although normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Salary & Package:
- Salary is negotiable
- Annual 10% Bonus
- Private Healthcare with Bupa
- Up to 30 days holiday per year
- Opportunity to travel to America
- Flexible working
Key Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must possess strong Microsoft SQL Server DBA and T-SQL skills
- PowerShell or CMD batch coding skills a plus
- Strong SQL Server transactional replication tuning and troubleshooting skills required
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in SQL Server database administration required
- Strong experience with the Agile software development methodology and collaboration with internal teams to deliver software and configuration artifacts
It would also be great if you:
- Experience in Financial sector is preferred
- Any previous development experience is a plus.
- PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Athena experience
- Operational experience with cloud management/deployment tools such as Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, and Packer
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.