Location: County Down
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £43,000 - £46,000
Date Posted: 20/02/2018
Abacus are delighted to be hiring an experienced Software Developer who also has a passion to train, mentor & tutor others in starting their software career. Our client is an Education leader, based in Bangor, Co. Down.
This is a hybrid role, where you will be a hands on coder in the development team for systems & applications used in the college, whilst also becoming an instructor and teaching students to become software developers / engineers.
Salary & Benefits:
- 39 Days Annual Leave (inc of Xmas & Stats)
- 36hours per week (flexibility needed in case of evening work)
- £43,800 – £46,500 per year (DOE)
- Pension: *up to – 19% employer contribution
- Many more including – helping to shape the future of Northern Ireland’s I.T community!
Essential Experience Needed:
- Hold an HND/HNC in a computing/Software Development/Engineering/ICT related subject and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Software Development role
- Demonstrate 2 years’ experience of software development and programming (e.g. Python, C#, Java, CSS).
- Demonstrate experience of system testing and fault finding.
- Demonstrate experience or qualification in project management.
- Demonstrate ability to apply a logical, methodical approach to problem identification and resolution
- Hold a current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Teaching qualification or commitment to achievement one within specified period of taking up appointment.
- Assessment qualification or commitment to achievement one within specified period of taking up appointment.
This role will have 2 elements:
As a Software Developer:
- Integration – designing and developing interfaces between core Institute information and Learning Systems. Redesign and re purpose existing applications to increase interoperability
- Application Development/ Maintenance – contribute to architecture and technical design. Undertake code reviews and technical design/specifications
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Write code in high level object oriented programming languages.
- Web Development – Contribute with back-end design of college web services including intranet and public web site.
- Database Design – Creation of hierarchical data structures. Participate in the production for reporting and score-carding systems.
As an Instructor:
- Develop and update learning material in accordance with College plans, policies and procedures.
- Provide instruction to the specified standards and providing feedback to students on progress.
- Assessing competence using criteria agreed college management.
- Supervising groups of students undertaking project work, practical work or on placement.
- Submitting regular assessments and reports on the progress and achievements of students and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Supervising students undertaking examinations, where appropriate, including distributing question papers, examination stationary to students and ensuring that all exam board regulations and college examination procedures are followed.
- Completing such documents and returns as requested by College managements in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of software development and engineering and undertake continuous professional development activities.
NB: Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to have an Access NI carried out.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.