05th April 2017
Location: County Antrim Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 05/04/2017
Software Product Owner
Award-winning Engineering firm seeks Software Product Owner to fill this position due to rapid growth.
The Software Product Owner plays an important role within the Agile software development team. While not a project manager in the traditional sense, the successful candidate will manage the backlog of requirements from all stakeholders and through planning, coordination, communication and facilitation take responsibility to deliver quality software providing maximum business value.
* Gain high level of understanding of the domain, product and system architecture
* Collaborate closely with software development team and other engineering colleagues, to answer queries in a timely fashion
* Liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to clarify schedule and requirements, creating detailed user stories
* Create a product backlog and roadmap and produce a prioritised list of clear and concise user stories with acceptance criteria
* Work in an Agile development environment, planning iterations and releases to meet business objectives while effectively managing risk and scope and having a good understanding of the technical challenges.
* Produce customer release notes.
* Provide weekly progress reports.
* Degree in Computer science / software engineering or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a software developer
* Experience with UML or other modelling languages
* Good understanding of software development processes and technologies such as SCRUM, Continuous Integration, Test-driven development, Extreme Programming, etc.
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal
* Excellent presentation skills
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Experience working in a SCRUM environment
* Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
* Good knowledge of relational database principles
* Experience in C++, C#, Java or any other OOP language
* A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
* Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
* Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
* A positive “can do” enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
* Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
* Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs