Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 13/03/2018
Join one of the world’s most elite Law Firms, based in Belfast!
We are hiring for an experienced Reporting Analyst, who has strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
You will join the existing Global Finance Team, assisting business units to deliver value for money services to decision-makers. This is a growing department, where you will maintain the existing report suite and will be instrumental in the new report development cycle, from design to delivery.
Working with business users and subject matter experts to define technical report requirements.
- Translate business requirements into designs for business-facing dashboards and reports.
- Perform any necessary data analysis and create stored procedures.
- Develop and modify reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder 3.0.
- Unit test and debug work product.
- Document delivered solutions throughout process, including data analysis, system applications and user interface requirements.
- Operate according to and actively train Finance Systems colleagues in best practice SSRS build methodology
Core skills needed:
- Extensive development experience using Report Builder 3.0.
- A creative and experimental approach to report design.
- Ability to build SQL scripts and/or stored procedures within Microsoft SQL Server environment used by the reporting tools.
- Technical writing experience, including ability to prepare clear specifications and supporting administration guides.
- Ability to train and empower other team members on report delivery methodology.
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously and mange own work load on a day-to-day basis.
It would also be great if you had:
- Previous experience reporting data from a multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional ERP or practice management system is an advantage, as is a background in law firms, other professional services organisations or financial institutions.
- Proven track record of end-to-end delivery of SSRS report solutions, including extensive knowledge of Report Builder 3.0.
- Strong SQL skills essential.
- Useful, but not essential, to have worked in an agile development environment.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.