Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 25/05/2018
Do you have a professional phone manner?
Are you experienced in using a switchboard?
Would you like to work for one of NI’s leading employers?
We are currently recruiting for a Switchboard Administrator on behalf of one of our large global legal clients based in Belfast City Centre. You must be flexible for work between 7am and 10pm.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that all calls and requests are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently.
- Ensure that the highest standard of customer care is used at all times and act and respond in a professional manner to any given situation.
- Achieve call and email answering targets, KPI’s and SLA’s on a day to day basis
- Develop relationships and communication channels with all the service providers in order to ensure a seamless and professional service.
- Support Team Leader in improving standards of service and efficiencies.
- Be a flexible member of the team to cover various shifts when needed.
- Ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks as requested by the Team Leader or the Facilities and Communications Lead.
- To ensure that all calls are processed to the correct destination, using all available data.
- To provide a ‘directory enquiries’ service.
- Use initiative when dealing with queries.
- To ensure that all internal information relevant to other departments are kept updated and maintain databases linked to the department.
- Update the daily information boards (i.e.: international visitors, float secretaries, extension numbers, outstanding contractor visits and relevant daily information)
What you will have:
- Experience of working within a Corporate Switchboard Team within a demanding professional services environment.
- Confident Communicator who can handle complaints and comments professionally. Remains calm under pressure.
- An excellent telephone manner – clear and well pronounced spoken English is essential
- A strong team player with the ability to multi-task, solve problems and prioritize work commitments.
- Good understanding of the function of a screen based switchboard – Arc an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) and Outlook.
- A positive attitude towards developing the role, accepting responsibility and acting with initiative.
- Flexible approach to departmental requirements.
- Proven ability to plan and organise work so service is delivered promptly, reliably and with very high standards of professionalism.
- Proactive and able to identify opportunities and develop new ideas that will lead to improvements.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.