Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 13/08/2018
Do you have switchboard experience?
Is your telephone manner second to none?
We have an opportunity for a Switchboard Administrator to join our client’s Facilities and Communications team in Belfast City centre. The Facilities and Communications Team is the first point of contact for all new business and external callers. It provides a range of transactional and information services to both the London and Belfast Offices in relation to a 24/7 Switchboard service, facilities helpdesk (handling requests for maintenance and engineering), space reservations (including car park bookings), catering, general directory enquiries, housekeeping, vending, stationary and pest control.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, covering 7am to 10pm, Monday to Friday
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that all calls and requests are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently.
- Ensure that the highest standard of customer care is used at all times and act and respond in a professional manner to any given situation.
- Ensure all comments, compliments or complaints are logged and are promptly passed on to Team Leader.
- Ensure that all relevant day to day information and changes are shared with the team especially during handovers between various shifts.
- Achieve call and email answering targets, KPI’s and SLA’s on a day to day basis
- Develop relationships and communication channels with all the service providers in order to ensure a seamless and professional service.
- Support Team Leader in improving standards of service and efficiencies.
- Be a flexible member of the team to cover various shifts when needed.
- Ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks as requested by the Team Leader or the Facilities and Communications Lead.
What you will have:
- Strong customer service experience.
- Experience of working within a Corporate Switchboard Team within a demanding professional services environment.
- Confident Communicator who can handle complaints and comments professionally. Remains calm under pressure.
- An excellent telephone manner – clear and well pronounced spoken English is essential
- A strong team player with the ability to multi-task, solve problems and prioritize work commitments.
- Good understanding of the function of a screen based switchboard – Arc an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) and Outlook.
- A positive attitude towards developing the role, accepting responsibility and acting with initiative.
- Flexible approach to departmental requirements.
- Proven ability to plan and organise work so service is delivered promptly, reliably and with very high standards of professionalism.
- Proactive and able to identify opportunities and develop new ideas that will lead to improvements.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI’s only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.