04th April 2017
Location: County Antrim Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 04/04/2017
DESCRIPTION A new exciting opportunity currently exists for a talented and experienced Software Test Automation Specialist with strong Python scripting experience within tech engineering division, which is the R&D, engineering and operations centre for the parent group.
* Be a key member of the team to produce high quality software
* Develop and implement test strategy to achieve objectives
* Guide team in best use of selected test approaches and techniques
* Design, develop and maintain automated component and system tests to increase coverage
* Ensure automation environments run smoothly and ensure all tests pass, or highlight any regressions
* Work effectively within multi-cultural team to define testable user stories and acceptance criteria and to resolve any defects that may arise.
* Actively collaborate with stakeholders to clarify requirements and define test cases * Document and maintain manual test cases
* Respond to change including adding or adding test cases
* Prepare and present test reports to include status and coverage
* Develop automation libraries and tools as well as factory programming and configuration tools
* Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent * Strong experience developing python scripts and applications
* Knowledge of application development in C++, java or .NET
* Proven ability to accurately test, evaluate and report results
* Knowledge in up to date development/test approaches and techniques, including test driven development, acceptance
* Experience in test automation of embedded platforms
* Experience with Linux administration
* Experience in Labview development and automation
* Experience writing GUI applications in python
* Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery approaches
* Understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
* Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* An excellent team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
* Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
* A positive “can do” enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing company and their clients
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs