Job Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 12/04/2017
Are you an experienced Transport Manager with a CPC qualification?
Do you have strong direct line management experience with ability to deliver results?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a leading local employer based in Belfast. If interested or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Roles and Responsibilities
- The effective management of the transport function and implementation of optimal transport solutions for the company, including the delivered Food Service Operations, delivered Retail and Wholesale local deliveries.
- To support and assist the warehouse, supply chain and General managers through the organization and managing of the Transport function so that the depot targets are met in such a manner as to provide the best possible service to our customers within budgetary targets.
- Management of transport team employees ensuring that this team is managed in such a way that all key performance indicators are achieved or exceeded.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations for fleet management, maintenance and drivers hours
- To develop and motivate Drivers in order to achieve high working standards and to identify and satisfy warehouse staff training requirements.
- Produce daily / weekly operational KPI and management briefing reports
- CPC Transport Qualification
- At least three years of managing and leading a professional result focused team.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast moving, high volume through-put FMCG commercial environment
- Experience in the logistics sector which has national multiple deliveries weekly.
- Track record in employee motivation and performance management.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Degree in Logistics, Finance or other business related discipline ideally.
- Knowledge and experience of working with appropriate computerised logistics management / ERP systems.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs