Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 05/01/2018
Are you an experienced transport professional?
Do you have at least 1 years’ experience in managing a team?
Would you like to work for one of NI’s leading FMCG companies on a 6 month basis?
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Supervisor on behalf of our client based in Duncrue. This role is on a 6 month basis with possibilities for extension. A great opportunity for someone who is able to effectively lead and motivate a team to deliver results.
What you will be doing:
- Organise, plan and manage the day-to-day transport operation for the site
- Dispatch lorries in a fast paced environment
- Assist the Transport Manager managing budgeted costs for the facility on an on-going basis
- Monitor operational systems and schedules and implement cost effective route schedules or changes to processes or methods to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Maintain and provide the highest standard of Customer Service to both external and internal customers
- Handle customer queries in an effective and timely fashion
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records in all areas such as time and attendance, accident, grievance, disciplinary, recognition, training and development, ensuring all salary information is submitted to HR on time.
- Lead the team to ensure that they have the skill sets, resources and support needed to deliver in their role and achieve objectives, and that they operate in a manner consistent with the ethos and values of the organisation.
- Ensure appropriate performance review, development and succession management systems are operating effectively to develop and retain the requisite skilled resources to meet current and future business needs.
- Lead the team by example: ensuring effective communication, support and recognition structures and practices are in place
What you will have:
- 1 years’ experience of supervising / managing a team in a fast moving environment
- Previous Transport supervisory / management experience
- Up to date knowledge of driver working time regulations.
- Effective Communication at all levels
- Relationship building with Individual & business Stakeholders
- Ability to work to set deadlines and to self-motivate
Please note, the hours of work for this role are 12.30pm – 9pm Monday – Friday, occasional Saturday morning work is required.
To hear further details, send across a copy of your CV or call Aisleen on 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs