04th April 2017
Location: Belfast Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 04/04/2017
Web Applications Developer for global financial services company.
The Web Application Developer will work within the User Experience technology team in the Compliance technology department to deliver functionality for internal web applications. The successful candidate will provide strong technical skill in the development of web based applications across the full technology stack.
* Write scalable presentation-server code with associated server API tests.
* Write documentation specific to developed APIs and component implementations.
* Provide production support that includes evaluate efforts, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects.Qualifications
Extensive years of professional working experience in Information Technology.
* Knowledge/prior professional experience working with AngularJS and Bootstrap.
* Must be proficient with HTML/HTML5, and CSS.
* In-depth understanding and experience with Java Web Technologies (Servlets, JSP) and Web frameworks (Spring MVC, or similar)
* Working knowledge of data serialization formats JSON and XML.
* Understanding of software development lifecycle, differing methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative).
* Must have worked as part of a team in large, complex, mission critical environments. * Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Experience working in corporate banking, IT environment
* Experience with REST Web Service API, is a strong plus
* Working knowledge of SQL, reading and understanding complex queries and views
* Working knowledge of web servers installation, configuration, deployment of web application hosted on WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat or similar
* Experience with IT standard source code control and development tools Eclipse, Subversion, Git
* Experience with editing stylesheets XSL, XSLT , CSS a plus
* Experience with build tools Maven, Ant a plus
* Computer Science degree or equivalent
* Extensive years of hands-on relevant development
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs